Calcium rich food: These 3 natural foods remove the deficiency of calcium in the body, which 50+ women must eat. If there is a lack of calcium in your body at an increasing age, then include these natural foods in your diet. Calcium is not only the most abundant mineral in the body but it is also very important for your health. There is plenty of calcium in your body. About 99 percent of this mineral is stored in your bones and teeth. The other 1 percent is in your blood and soft tissue. It makes up your bones and teeth and plays a role in heart health, muscle function, and nerve signaling.
How much calcium is required?
For most adults, it is recommended to consume at least 1,000 milligrams of calcium daily, although some groups require higher amounts, including teens, postmenopausal women, and older adults. However, dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt are particularly rich in calcium. But today we will tell you about 3 such natural foods that help in removing calcium deficiency in aging women.
Generally, women suffering from thyroid, hair loss, joint pain, metabolic disorders, hormonal problems, and HRT (hormone replacement therapy) suffer from calcium deficiency during menopause. Most of the time, calcium deficiency is seen due to a lack of adequate vitamin D. Yes, it’s true. Let us explain this to you. Vitamin D facilitates intestinal absorption of calcium, although it also stimulates the absorption of phosphate and magnesium ions.
In the absence of vitamin D, dietary calcium is not absorbed efficiently at all. Vitamin D allows your body to absorb calcium. Calcium is essential for building strong and healthy bones. Without enough vitamin D and calcium, bones do not form properly in childhood and can lose mass, become weak, and break easily in adulthood. Therefore calcium is very important for children and adults as well. The best and easiest source of Vitamin D is the sun. Therefore, sit in the sun for 20 minutes every day. The best times to sit in the sun are morning (sunrise time) and evening (sunset time).
Also Read: Who should not eat Papaya?
Amla is a calcium-rich natural food. Yes, Amla is rich in Vitamin C, Iron, and Calcium. You can take it in any form like raw fruit, juice, powder, etc. Along with making your immunity strong, it is very good for your hair and skin. Apart from this, the fiber present in amla is good for your digestion system. Do you want strong bones? So include calcium-rich gooseberry in your diet.
Amla is not only rich in calcium but it also helps in the absorption of calcium and thus makes bones strong. It has also been reported that this fruit can hinder the breakdown of osteoclasts, and bone cells. Apart from this, the anti-inflammatory properties of amla play an important role in reducing inflammation.
Moringa is also a calcium-rich natural food. Adequate amounts of calcium, iron, vitamins A, C, and magnesium are found in Moringa leaves. Moringa contains many minerals that are essential for growth, among which calcium is considered one of the important minerals for human development. Just take 1 spoonful of Moringa leaf powder every morning on an empty stomach.
Take about 1 tbsp of black/white sesame seeds, dry roast them, and make laddus by mixing with one spoon of jaggery and ghee. Consume this nutritious laddu regularly to increase your calcium levels.
Natural sources of Calcium
- Dairy milk and dairy products
- Almond milk
- Green leafy vegetables like broccoli, okra, kale, broccoli, peas, and beans Ragi, Jowar, Amaranth, Bajra, etc.
- Nuts- Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Dried Figs.
- Seeds- Sesame, Chia Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Flax Seeds.
- Fruits- Orange, Pear, Papaya, Guava.
You can also overcome calcium deficiency by including the above-mentioned things in your diet. Stay connected to Meltblogs to get more information related to Foods.
How to be a Good Marketing Person?
[…] Also Read: Calcium rich food. […]