Tips for better sleep: If you want to get better sleep at night, then you can adopt these simple tips. Getting good sleep is very important for better health. However, most people face the problem of not being able to sleep well at night or having problems falling asleep. But lack of sleep causes many health problems. Not getting enough sleep at night can adversely affect your hormones and brain functioning.
Research suggests that it can also lead to weight gain and increases the risk of many diseases. However, most people complain that they fail to sleep well even if they want. Some people even take medicines to get good sleep. But now you don’t have to do that. Today in this article, we are telling you about such remedies, which will prove to help get you a good sleep.
Also Read: Early signs of Mental illness
Tips for better sleep:
- For better sleep take care of sleep hygiene. Go to bed at the same time every night and try to get up at the same time each morning.
- Make sure your bedroom is quiet and comfortable. It should be dark and the temperature should not be too high or low.
- Remove electronic devices such as TVs, computers, and smartphones from the bedroom.
- Never eat a heavy meal before night. Eat dinner two-three hours before bedtime.
- Do not consume caffeinated substances and alcohol before sleeping.
- Minimize exposure to blue light before sleeping at night. Blue light can spoil the quality of your sleep.
- Make sure you do some exercise regularly.
- Being physically active during the day can help you sleep more easily at night.
- If you have insomnia, daily sunlight or artificial bright light can help you improve your quality of sleep.
- Have some herbal tea like chamomile tea or peppermint tea before going to bed. It helps in improving the quality of sleep.
- Long naps during the day can disturb your sleep quality. If you have trouble sleeping at night, stop taking naps during the day or reduce nap time.
- Some relaxation techniques can be used before sleeping to get a sound sleep. For example, hot showers, meditation, or listening to music can help you to calm down your body and mind and help you get a good night’s sleep.
- Your bed, mattress, and pillow can greatly affect sleep quality and can give birth to joint or back pain. So pay special attention to your bed.
- Try to minimize fluid intake in the late evening, otherwise, urination can disturb your sleep. Also, be sure to go to the bathroom just before sleeping.
- Dim the lights of your house and room completely 2 to 3 hours before sleeping. Low light levels signal your brain to make melatonin, the hormone that induces sleep. Which brings good sleep.
- Even the slightest noise during bedtime can disturb your sleep. So, try to make your home soundproof while sleeping. You can also try the white noise app or earplugs.
- Do not smoke before sleeping. Nicotine, like caffeine, is a stimulant that can keep you away from falling asleep and make insomnia worse. Some people take sleep medications to help them fall asleep. This can become a habit and have side effects. So, try to make changes in your lifestyle instead of medicines. Natural sleep is best.
- Never do your office work or other professional work on the bed. By doing this, even after the work is over, tension remains in the mind and you will find it hard to sleep.
- If you use an alarm clock, do not put it in front of your eyes. This creates tension and leads to poor sleep. Many conditions, including sleep apnea, can cause poor sleep. Therefore, if this problem stays with you, then you must visit an expert once.
If you liked this article, then share it with your friends and stay connected to read more similar articles.