Diet chart for Type 2 diabetes patients – What to eat and what to avoid. What Type 2 diabetes patients should include and exclude in their diet. The problem of diabetes has become quite ordinary these days. Maintaining the blood sugar level of the body is very necessary in the case of diabetes. In such a situation, by taking a balanced diet, you can control your blood sugar levels.
There are two types of diabetes
Type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes.
Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetes can happen at any age. It is found majorly in youth and children. It is an autoimmune disease. In this, the body discontinues producing insulin which means the cells of the body attack and destroy the pancreatic cells that make insulin. Type 1 diabetes can happen at an earlier age or even from birth.
Type 2 Diabetes
There can be multiple causes for type 2 diabetes. The main reason for this is hypertension, poor lifestyle, and obesity. In this, a smaller quantity of insulin is made in the body. In this, either insulin is made short in the body or the cells of the body are not sensitive to insulin. Type 2 diabetes is encountered mostly in adults.
If you are a patient of type 2 diabetes, then let us tell you what you should and should not eat to control blood sugar levels and lead a healthful and happy life.
REASON OF TINGLING IN THE HANDS AND FEET, DO NOT IGNORE IT.
Diet chart for Type 2 diabetes patients – What to eat and what to avoid.
Patients with type 2 diabetes should have such food in which the amount of nutrients such as vitamins, fiber, minerals, and minerals is very high. Apart from this, you must include such things in your diet in which nutritious fat is found. Healthy fat helps in preserving the cholesterol level in the body.
Type 2 diabetes patients should include these things in their diet
- Seeds (Flax seeds, Chia seeds, Hemp seeds, Pumpkin seeds)
- Whole grains (Brown Rice, Oats, Quinoa, etc.)
- Fruits ( Oranges, Apples, Berries, Peaches, Melons)
- Nuts (Pistachios, Walnuts, Almonds, Cashews)
- Black coffee, Vegetable juice, Dark Tea
- Vegetables (Cauliflower, cucumber, Broccoli, Spinach, etc.) Legumes (Chickpeas, Lentils, beans)
- Protein-rich items (Low – fat red Meat, Seafood, Tofu, etc.)
Foods to avoid by Type 2 diabetes patients
If you have type 2 diabetes, there is a list of foods that you should not avoid
- Full fat dairy products (Cheese, Fat milk, butter)
- High-fat meat
- Sweeteners (Maple Syrup, Brown sugar, Table sugar, Honey)
- Sweets and artificial Sugar (For Example Ice creams, Candies, cookies, Baked goods, sweets, Baked goods)
- Trans Fats (Creamers, Dairy-free coffee, Fried Foods, etc.)
- Processed food (Microwaved popcorn, Chips, Processed Meats)
- Sweetened beverages (Sports drinks, Sweet Tea, Juice, soda)
Keep an eye on the quantity of carbohydrates
Patients with type 2 diabetes can lower their blood sugar levels by consuming a limited quantity of carbs. In such a situation, you must take care of how many carbs you are taking in the meal.
Let us tell you which food contain carbohydrates
- Pulses, Dried beans, and other legumes
- White Rice, Wheat, etc.
- Fruits and their juices
- processed snacks
- Starchy foods like potatoes
- Yogurt (curd) and milk
Advantages and Disadvantages of Keto Diet for Type 2 Diabetes
The Keto diet is a low-carb diet with a focus on foods rich in proteins and fats. Such as chicken, nut, cheese, nuts, eggs, meat, seafood, and seeds.
The keto diet includes non-starchy vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, and other leafy vegetables. It excludes high-carb items, such as sweets, root vegetables, fruits, grains, and dry beans.
It has been told in some reports that a low-carb diet helps in regulating blood sugar levels in diabetic patients. Cholesterol levels can also be improved with its help.
[…] DIET CHART FOR TYPE 2 DIABETES PATIENTS – WHAT TO EAT AND WHAT TO AVOID. […]