Benefits of head massage and the right way to do it: Head massage is very beneficial. This increases blood circulation and also provides relief for problems like headaches or tension. So here we are going to tell you how to do a head massage at home and what are its benefits.
Benefits of head massage
The advantages of it depend on the type of massage you are getting. Some massages only impact the nervous system in your head. Due to this, you get relief from headaches and stress, etc. So the techniques of some are distinct from this. Massage is mainly done to remove the following types of problems.
- To relieve stress
- To get relief from migraine and headache
- To relax
- To get rid of unnecessary stress
Apart from the above-mentioned benefits, head massage also delivers other benefits. These are as follows.
Promotes hair growth
If your hair falls a lot and has become much thinner and weaker than before, then scalp massage can help you. You will get a lot of benefits from scalp massage. According to research, the people who have done followed it, their hair has become stronger than before and it has happened in just 20-24 weeks.
Also Read: Forest bathing: Benefits and ways to do it.
Reduces blood pressure
By taking a good massage, your body becomes completely relaxed and stress-free. According to research, 15 to 25 minutes of massage helps reduce your blood pressure. This happens because a good head massage improves your blood flow, which also impacts your blood pressure level.
Reduces tension headache symptoms
If you take tension for no particular reason, then you will feel headaches, pain in the neck, and heaviness in the eyes. But if you get a head massage done, it will have a tremendous effect on your head and neck ribs. Due to this, you will get relief from the problems of headaches and neck pain.
How to do a head massage? (the right way to massage the scalp)
If you do not have someone to massage your head then you can also do the it yourself. All you need for this is oil and a massage tool. You can also use your fingers if you are not willing to use a massage tool. For an effective massage, you need to follow the following steps.
- Sit comfortably on a chair.
- Place a towel or a cloth around your neck to avoid ruining your clothes because of excess oil.
- After this, by using your fingers or tools, start massaging your scalp with a light dab. (If you are using oil, first soak your fingers in oil and then start massaging your scalp.)
- Slowly move your fingers around your head in a circular motion.
- Massage all over your head.
- Do this for 10-12 minutes.
- After massaging, wash your head thoroughly after at least 60 minutes. You will have a nice, pleasant feeling after having this massage.
- Along with this, you will also get relief from many diseases.
- You can do a head massage at the end of every week or once a week at your convenience.