Morning depression: Symptoms, causes, prevention: Depression is a mental health issue. Its effect can impair mental and physical health. Some people wake up in the morning with a feeling of stress. If you are also facing such a problem then do not take this problem lightly. It can be a symptom of morning depression. As per the research, the symptoms of depression (morning) are more visual in people who go to work in the morning.
Due to a lack of attention in work, or displeasure with work, depression is felt upon waking up in the morning. The same can happen with a student. If your mood is inadequate after waking up in the morning, then understand that you are in depression. Depression can also happen due to financial problems, the pressure of work in the office, physical problems, or any other reason. Because of depression, a person may feel fatigued after waking up in the morning. The person stays in the grip of tiredness and laziness all the time.
Morning depression symptoms
The signs of clinical depression are there all the time, but some people feel the signs of depression only in the morning. Such symptoms can be seen when there is depression (morning)-
- Hate the feeling of getting up in the morning
- Feeling moody or cranky upon waking up in the morning
- Staying angry in the morning
- Not willing to go to work
- Waking up in the morning feeling sad
- Feeling stressed or worried
- Waking up crying in the morning
- Feeling exhausted and weak in the morning
Also Read: How to stop binge eating?
Causes of morning depression
Depression can be sensed in the morning because of an increase in the stress hormone cortisol.
Heart rate, blood pressure, and breathing rate can also increase due to increased cortisol hormone.
Signs of depression can also be sensed due to suffering from sleep apnea.
Due to the issue of insomnia at night, one may feel depressed after waking up in the morning.
Signs of stress or depression can be seen in the morning due to physical pain or distress.
Ways to prevent morning depression
- Eat a healthy breakfast in the morning to avoid depression. The first league in the morning keeps mental and physical health better. Having breakfast supplies important vitamins to the body, which reduces the symptoms of depression, and controls blood sugar levels.
- Walk after getting up in the morning or exercise for at least 20- 30 minutes. If you exercise, then the endorphin hormone will be released, due to which you will have a good mood.
- Do breathing exercises in the morning to relieve tension and anxiety. This supplies oxygen to the body and mind and eases stress.
- Sunlight stimulates happy hormones. Wake up in the morning and sit in the sunlight for some time. This will relieve the symptoms of depression.
- The problem of depression can impact your daily routine. Immediately consult a doctor if symptoms related to depression are seen.